Wednesday, December 1, 2010

MASHUPS

While exploring some mashups I came across :
http://www.weatherbonk.com/

It gives information about the weather in the area where you are (or would like to know about) and includes recent images from cameras. I decided that I wasn't keen to leave looking at the images from Wahroonga cam. Unfortunately there weren't any local images available.
Thinking about the use of mashups for us I once again came back to the new book list and the possibilty of combining book covers with RSS feeds.
I decided to do some searching and came across an interesting idea:
“I think we have to accept that our library Web sites are not going to be a destination of choice for our students/patrons,” says Gibbons. “Rather, we have to be packaging and serving up parts of our Web sites in ways that they can be integrated into the users’ preferred virtual destination, whether that be Google, Facebook or Second Life.   http://www.oclc.org/nextspace/009/1.htm

Something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment